Sunday, February 27, 2011

Refrigerator Art

...another in a continuing series

Regular readers know that I love refrigerator art.  If you want to know what's important to folks, go look at the refrigerator. Ours is covered with pictures of grandchildren, their artwork, and other essentials of life.

This afternoon I met with Emily and Peter to talk about their wedding next month. They brought along their 5 year old daughter, Kaylehn. Because I always have with me paper, markers, crayons and stickers, I got Kaylehn to make me some refrigerator art.

Interesting back story. Turns out Peter and I had crossed paths a few years back when he was a barista at a Starbucks I frequent. He stood out in my mind as a kind person. One afternoon, a surprise thunderstorm with much lightning caught motorcylists (including me) and about two dozen bicyclists running for cover to the Starbucks. Soaking wet, we huddled inside while the power went off a few times. Peter and the staff there calmly went about handing out coffee and nice fluffy towels to those of us who were soaking wet. It was pretty cool today when he and Emily walked in and we recognized each other.

Life is a big circle. Peter, Emily and Kaylehn are part of my circle, and their circle grows--Kaylehn will have a little sister late this summer.

Have I mentioned that I love my job?

Blessings,
Ken

No comments: