Thursday, December 23, 2010

Anchors Aweigh

...The Return Home

If you remember my entry for July 16, 2010,  (see it here) I told you about Natalie and Jordan, who had only 3 days to honeymoon before he got on a U. S. Navy ship headed to the Somali sea. He is an officer on the USS Kauffman, a vessel that was committed to thwarting piracy off the horn of Africa. 

 I've kept in touch with Natalie over the months and I admire her strength as she waited for her man to return. The joyous reunion happened today as the ship pulled into harbor, making 8 ships in four days to return home. Seven hundred fifty heroes are home for the holidays. I cannot think of a better Christmas present for either one of them. This picture was taken just after he stepped onto the pier.

Merry Christmas, Jordan and Natalie!


Blessings,
Ken
update: just found out that Jordan and Natalie have several weeks together to enjoy married life. In February, he's being sent to the Persian Gulf for seven months. I so admire this couple and what they are contributing to our country's freedom.

No comments: