Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Little Boys

...sometimes cause big tears

We had the Albuquerque branch of the family in town last weekend. It was a quick trip for Ian and Lyss to attend the wedding of a friend. Even though I had to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I still got to spend some time with Liam and Henry.

Henry has definitely made up time from being a preemie. This is an alert, healthy and chunky 5 month old. His blues eyes can melt hearts at fifty paces away. His appetite can empty a bottle in a heartbeat.

Liam is growing up. At five years old, he's taller than all his friends which gives them a problem buying clothes for him. If they buy pants that are long enough, they're way too big in the waist. Regrettably, that is not a "problem" that I have.

This little boy also has a way with words. Donna took him to the park on Monday and during the visit he mentioned that it was his last day in Dallas for a while. Donna responded that she would miss him a lot.

He replied, "I'll miss you, too, but you'll be in my heart because I love you".

Hard to explain to a 5 year old why his grandparents have tears in their eyes.
Blessings,
Ken

No comments: