Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thanksgiving after your wedding

...pause to say thank you

A trend I've noticed that I hope will continue and expand is couples taking time to say "thank you" to the vendors who poured time, energy and heart into that ceremony and reception. I have to admit that it's gratifying when I receive a card or email (especially with a picture) from one of my couples. The wedding coordinators have their lists of the wedding party and how it's all organized. The DJ has met with the couple to nail down the "do play" and the "don't play" lists. The florist works behind the scenes to make the bouquets, boutonnières and table arrangements perfect. The photographer brings years of experience and thousands of dollars in equipment. The catering folks want every food station to be memorable for the guests. Get the picture?

Sure, the vendors are grateful to have the business, and it's what they do for a living, but everyone enjoys a little pat on the back sometimes. Most of us involved in the wedding industry truly care about what we do and go to whatever lengths are necessary to ensure that the bride and groom have a singular, wonderful day.

To my couples who send me notes and pictures, I truly enjoy and treasure each one of you and I hope I've made it clear how much I appreciate you. Each wedding ceremony is unique, but the one constant is the joy I get from saying "I now pronounce you husband and wife". I never tire of saying it and I never tire of hearing from my couples.

Blessings,
Ken

No comments: