Thursday, August 13, 2009

Refrigerator Art

...this is the good stuff

When you walk into anyone's home and you want to find out what's important to them without ever asking a question, what do you do? Walk into the kitchen and look at the refrigerator! Refrigerator art--it's the good stuff, better than any pricey painting or print hanging in the living room.

When I meet with couples about to be a blended family--to begin the process of planning a wedding ceremony--I always take with me paper, stickers, crayons and markers to keep the small children entertained while the adults chat.

Last night I met with Nicole and her five year old daughter, Leona. The groom couldn't join us, mainly because he's currently on an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf. Anyway, Leona was overwhelmingly charming, articulate and imaginative. In most cases the children take their artwork with them, but Leona held them out to me and said "I made these for you". (that squishy sound you hear is my heart melting)

We made plans to include the child in the wedding ceremony. Should make for a very tender moment. In December as Nicole and Tim become husband and wife, Leona will be entering the new family to make it complete. Stay tuned for more pix at Christmas.

Thanks, Leona, for the artwork and for the sweet hug you gave me.

Blessings,
Ken

No comments: