Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Back Where It Belongs

...third finger, left hand

If you saw my April 29 entry you know that I recently had to have my wedding ring cut off my finger following a hand injury. It took a few weeks to heal and the swelling to go down so I waited til just recently to have the ring repaired.

I'm happy to report that I picked up the ring and took it home to my bride so she could put it back on my finger, just as she did on August 23, 1969. Can't prove it, but I swear I sleep better at night knowing it's back where it belongs.

We're about to celebrate anniversary number 40. Forty years! But then, who else but my bride would put up with me that long?

Blessings,
Ken

3 comments:

Brittany Kalaj Margulieux said...

I hope we'll be there in 40 :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome to feel that way.
I too hope to be there in 40.
Sterling-Julie

Anonymous said...

KB-
So glad to hear things are back as they should be! "It's not the ring" that makes the marriage - but there is something re-assuring about it's presence. I feel like something is missing if I forget my watch... after nearly 40 years, how strange it must have been not to have it. Congrats to both of you!
Jules