Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stardust Celebrations

....my peek inside

Even though I officiate many weddings each year, it isn’t often I get a behind-the-scenes look at what goes on in the weeks and months leading up to the big day. However, I was recently given a peek behind the curtain, courtesy of Marsha Ballard French of Stardust Celebrations in Plano. A link to their website is below.

While I had known and worked with Marsha on specific weddings, my association with her was usually only on wedding day or at AACWP events, so I mainly knew her as one of the premier event planners in Texas. I was aware that she owned a bridal salon and I assumed—incorrectly—that it was a mom-and-pop that sold a few wedding dresses and shoes. Boy, was I ever wrong.

Recently Marsha invited me to come to Stardust Celebrations to meet with a couple getting married next year. Marsha is planning their event for them and very kindly gave me the opportunity to talk with them about having me officiate. Because I got there early, Marsha and some of the staff gave me a tour. I was not prepared for the scope of it all.  Two floors, thousands of square feet of wedding gowns, bridesmaid gowns, flower girl dresses, mother’s gowns, jewelry, shoes, accessories, tuxedos (and other men’s accessories) and more, much more. Mirrored walls are numerous. Staff are everywhere. Just walking in the front door, and being greeted, you get the feeling that this is a place of purpose and they know what they’re doing. In fact, two sentences I found on the Stardust website seem to sum up their mission: “Getting married happens in one day, planning a wedding takes months.”


Marsha and Stardust have been featured in magazines and television shows such as “Girl Meets Gown” on the WE Network (see more about this show and watch video by clicking HERE.) Marsha is a member and past president of the American Association of Certified Wedding Planners. She routinely is involved in training and mentoring the next generation of wedding planners by helping with AACWP classes and allowing interns to shadow her during event planning.

If I were to list all of the awards, magazine covers, magazine articles and other press given to Stardust, it would take a few pages, so I’ll just invite you to click HERE to see what others say about Stardust.
After my tour and visiting with my couple, I now know why each ceremony I’ve ever done where Marsha was involved, was organized and ran so smoothly. She makes it look easy, but I know it’s not.

You can learn more about Stardust Celebrations by clicking HERE, or visit them in person at 6464 W Plano Pkwy Plano,TX 75093 I haven’t yet had the opportunity to visit their other two stores, Lulu’s Bridal (located in uptown Dallas) and A Bridal Closet (located at Shops of Willow Bend, between Macy’s and Neiman’s.) Maybe I’ll get that invitation sometime.

My bride and groom are in good hands. My thanks to Marsha and the Stardust staff for a truly eye opening tour.

Blessings, 
Ken

No comments: