Monday, November 9, 2009

Professionals

...this is why you hire them

Over this past weekend I had an experience that once again points out why you should hire professionals for your wedding.

I had a wedding on my schedule at a large Dallas hotel. Rehearsal Friday night went smoothly and the event coordinator was top notch. She and I have worked together before. However, on Saturday, she was injured in a car accident and was not able to be there for the wedding. Turned out, the hotel catering staff has a backup plan for everything. When I walked in on wedding day, things were well under control and all it took was a quick convo between me and some staff members and we were ready to proceed. The ceremony and reception went as planned without a hitch in getting them hitched.

My advice to couples is this: your wedding day only happens once so take advantage of industry professionals who have the experience to make your occasion go smoothly. Whether you go for an all-inconclusive package at a hotel or country club, or if you hire your own individual vendors, use seasoned professionals. At the end of the day, you'll be happier for it. And always have a backup plan!

Okay, I know I'll get asked, so the answer is: Hotel Adolphus.

Blessings,
Ken

No comments: