Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Weisfeld Center

…and Blink 182 tie Eric & Maria together.

TheWeisfeld Center (officially known as the Sara Ellen & Samuel Weisfeld Center) was the site recently for the wedding of Maria and Eric. This location is on the southern edge of downtown Dallas (just a block from city hall) and is one of those rare gems that many people have probably seen from the outside and wondered what it is. Your first walk inside is when the shock occurs—the main auditorium is breathtaking in its beauty. The windows, the pipe organ, the wood work, stone work and more make this an elegant setting for a wedding. As many times as I’ve been there, I still stand and gaze in awe at the workmanship. The wedding coordinator there, Molly Kristall, not only knows her way around a wedding and reception, but she’s a storehouse of knowledge about this one hundred year old building. You can learn more about this historic structure by clicking HERE
Eric and Maria actually met in high school, but were not the proverbial high school sweethearts. In fact, after high school they lost touch but reconnected a few years later when both were in college, he at Texas State, she at TWU. One evening during finals she texted Eric and jokingly asked him if he’d like to drive to Denton and watch a movie with her. Five hours later, he was there and since April 28, 2006, they’ve been inseparable. Must have been a good movie!

I do love stories like this and I especially love the fact that I’m able to be there, to see their love brought to the altar and be able to participate in that wedding ceremony. Also, since I’m an old rock 'n’ roller, I enjoyed the recessional song, “First Date “ by Blink 182 (the entire back row of guests was playing air guitar!) The bride and groom share a love of music and had initially gotten acquainted through the song “Going Away to College” by the same band.

Maria and Eric, my thanks for including me in your special day and my thanks to Molly at the Weisfeld Center for taking such good care of the details as always. I appreciate John Keen (who I think is related to the bride) for providing me the pictures. You can visit John by clicking HERE.

Blessings,
Ken

No comments: