Monday, November 17, 2008

Every Wedding Is An Adventure

...you never know what you might encounter.

Just got in some pictures from a wedding ceremony last month. I was invited to officiate at the wedding of Joe & Carrie at a lake house on the shores of Lake Worth in Fort Worth. The weather was beautiful so the ceremony took place on the back lawn, in front of a stone fire pit, just as the sun was setting. Bride and groom each wrote their own vows to each other, which were kept secret from the other until the ceremony. This picture was taken just after I introduced Joe, Carrie and his two daughters as a new family. The two little girls stood with us during the ceremony. I couldn't resist this picture, and my apologies to Joe that it's a shot in which he was looking away. The happiness was contagious. After the ceremony, we lit a fire in that stone pit and celebrated the new marriage and family. God is everywhere and He was there to celebrate the creation of this new family.


This is only part of the story. The host and owner of the home has a dog named Bender, who is a "Blue Heeler" breed. As I found out later, such dogs are Australian working dogs who herd livestock. They're known for hunting and their ability to leap and climb trees. Had I not seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it--this dog would make a circle around the yard, leap at a large tree and grab on to a rope that was attached to the trunk. He would hang there a few seconds, drop to the ground and then repeat the loop. I actually measured the distance and the bottom of the rope was almost 10 feet above the ground. These pictures don't do the dog justice. Be sure you click on the pictures to see a larger version.

My sincere appreciation to Joe & Carrie Rose, their two daughters, and to Greg Pate who hosted the wedding and snapped these pictures.

Blessings,
Ken

No comments: