Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You know you're getting older when

...you get pictures like the one below

Yep, I know I’m getting older when couples that I married years back are sending me cards with pictures of their children. Pictured below are Brian & Jen (and their two kids). I was privileged to perform their ceremony some years ago at the Dallas Arboretum

Even though such pictures remind me of the years flying by, the age issue doesn’t really bother me. The fact that my couples stay in contact and share their lives with me is the important part, and is part of the reason why I do what I do.

Brian and Jen chose one of the grassy gardens at the Arboretum and arranged the chairs in a circle around the center with four different aisles. It was an interesting arrangement and served to get all of the guests much closer to the bride & groom than having the chairs arranged in traditional fashion. The attendants used each of the four aisles to enter and then sat on the front row so that all the guests had a clear view of the bride and groom. Very novel idea. What everyone will remember, though, is that we had an early heat wave in May, with temperatures in the mid-nineties. Fortunately, the couple provided fans on each chair and the Arboretum is great about having coolers filled with bottled water. Still, as soon as the ceremony was over, everyone retreated to the shade.

So, to Jen & Brian, and all my couples—keep those pictures and notes coming in. I cherish every single one and they are all saved in my files.

To learn more about weddings at the Arboretum click here and then click on "rentals".


Blessings,

Ken

No comments: